Half a year!! 6 months my precious jewel! Happy half birthday to the happiest baby of all time and the sweetest little chunk! 😘 These past 6 months have flown by far too quickly and my mama heart is trying to soak you all in daily but the days fly by so quickly! I can’t believe that you are already a half year old. Weren’t you just that tiny 7 pound squish yesterday?? Wasn’t it just a minute ago you smiled at me for the first time? Wasn’t it just the other day that big sister came and met you at the hospital for the first time and fell madly in love with you, as we all did?
Oh my gorgeous second born, it is so hard for me to accurately convey the love I have in my heart for you. It’s all consuming. Literally. It takes every ounce of control in me not to gobble you up! Ha! I’m constantly kissing you all over your chubby cheeks, tummy and toes. I cannot help myself. You are DELICIOUS!!! 😘😘😘 I’ve never met another baby as good natured, happy and jolly and sweet as you! I feel truly blessed to be able to call you mine. ❤️💋
This is the first of two posts to celebrate your half birthday. 😁 After all, half birthdays are a big deal around these parts!!! We will be doing a 6 month photo shoot to commemorate and I will be putting together a little video of your first 6 months, but in all honesty, I truly cannot remember my life without you. You were meant to be! This family was not complete without you!!!
– Sitting up!!! Big girl! You can now officially sit up! Of course you haven’t mastered the skill, but you’re pretty darn good at it if I do say so myself! You can even catch yourself on your hands sometimes if you begin to tip over.
– Raspberries galore lol. It’s on of your favorite pastimes, in addition to high pitched squeals when you’re in a really good mood.
– Temperament. Have I mentioned what a joyously happy baby you are???! I’m still amazed, daily, at how easy going and sweet you are. You’re constantly smiling at me, your daddy and especially your big sister (one of your all time favorite people). I’ve also never heard you laugh harder than when your sister is trying to entertain you! 😂
– Stranger anxiety. You’ve now become aware of your surroundings and your people. You know when mommy is in the room…and when mommy is not in the room haha! You now cry when strangers try to hold you, but you will lovingly smile and coo at strangers from my arms 😉.
– Teething. Oh goodness the drool ha! So much teething happening right now. I know those teeth will be popping through any day now and it makes me sad to think I only have days left of your gummy smile.
– Manipulating objects. You’re an expert grabber and holder of objects. You reach for anything and everything within eyesight…even if it’s too far away ha! You grunt and get annoyed if you cNt reach something or if we move a dangerous object away from your reach.
– You still haven’t rolled over and you still hate to be on your tummy and cry whenever we try to force tummy time, so we don’t do a lot of it.
– Laughing. Full out belly laughs!!! This is my favorite. Your sister is pretty much the only person who can make you laugh so hard that it turns into a belly laugh. It turns my mama heart into a giant puddle on the floor! 😍
Weight: 16lbs 5oz
Height: 26.5 inches
Head: 17.5 inches
Happy 6 months my girl!!! Mommy is head over heels in love!!!