Happy 8 months to my beautiful little sparkle! My munchie, my milk monster, my monkey!!! I’m really really really enjoying this age. You are SO fun. And you’re goofy and inquisitive and downright AMAZING!!!
- Teething…again. I think you’re working on your top chompers now.
- Solid foods! Your hand mouth coordination is awesome. You love to feed yourself and are getting so much better about pinching food with your thumb and index finger (that’s a milestone!!) and then getting into your mouth. You are really thriving on pieces of normal food and no purees. I honestly love how you teach me what you need. Makes me rely more on my mommy gut and you than what others say. 🙂
- You are now able to stand (assisted) for very short periods of time. Your legs are SO strong.
- You are still working on your crawling and scooting. You can definitely get around a room now but it’s not quite a crawl yet. You get up on hands and knees and still love to rock. It’s pretty darn cute.
- I saved the best for last. You are officially social referencing now. This milestone doesn’t usually show up until a little later in life, but what can I say? You love to be ahead of the game. You LOVE to check in with me or daddy when you are unsure of something. It is absolutely amazing to watch and so sweet! And social referencing is a precursor to theory of mind (which comes much later). I’ll explain all this to you when you get older, don’t worry!
- Weight: 18lbs 8oz
- Height: 27.5 inches
- Head: 18 inches
Examining the cow…
Happy 8 months my little sparkle!!! Big kisses!!! ♥