And the clock keeps ticking my little monkey! 38 weeks and counting. Let’s see what you’ve been up to this week…
- The soft down (lanugo), which covered your body throughout the pregnancy, is now disappearing.
- Your body fat is continuing to build up, and you are putting on about 1oz a day!
- Your hair may be up to an inch long now. I still can’t believe you’re going to have a full head of hair…so crazy!
- Meconium is continuing to accumulate in your intestines and will be your first bowel movements for the first few days of your life.
- All of your organs are fully developed and if you were born now, you would more than likely have no trouble breathing and thriving on your own! 🙂
- Your brain is continuing to develop, creating more neurons and creating more connections. Many of these pathways/connections will be experience dependent (I’ll teach you about this later, don’t worry!) once you are born. Everything you see, hear, touch, taste, and smell stimulates brain growth and development.
A google image search of what you look like on the inside this week:
Wow, 38 weeks my little one. I keep wondering when real labor will start and when you will make your entrance and change our lives for the better, forever! I would love for you to keep baking for a bit longer though haha. I love you sweet girl!