Hello my little Costa Rican souvenir! Let’s see what you’ve been up to this week, shall we? I know you’ve been dancing a lot and keeping me up at night! Still loving it! 😉
- Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
- Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help you regulate your body temperature.
- Your hearing is fully developed! Studies show that after months of listening to my voice, you prefer it to any other. Once born, you will also prefer female voices to male voices and familiar lullabies heard before birth to new lullabies after birth. Previous studies have shown that newborns can distinguish prose passages heard during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy from new passages, providing additional evidence of in utero memory formation and learning. You’re a very smart monkey already!
- You are now taking up most of the uterus. I know this is true because I literally cannot breathe haha. The amniotic fluid surrounding you is at a peak now in week 35 and will start to diminish from now on. This fluid is known as “the waters.”
- My intake is your intake…prenatal food affects your taste preferences. I’ve been loading up on the fruits and veggies. Hope you love them as much as I do!
- Intense brain growth is occurring for you this week. The neurons and early connections in your brain are developing even more so that at birth, they will be perfectly wired to receive stimulation.
- Your are about 18.2 inches long and weigh about 5.3 pounds.
And as always, a google image search of what you look like on the inside right now!
I love you monkey! Keep working on the chub and I’ll keep on working to get things prepared for you here. Smooches!