I had to share this link. I look at it every few days because it is just amazing to me what my body is going through to accommodate your growth, little one. So so so cool. Click here to view.
Let’s see what you’ve been up to over the past couple of weeks, baby girl, as you get ready to enter this world! 🙂
- You were up to 3.75 pounds and about 16.7 inches long.
- The literature says you might not be moving as much now that you’re running short on room. Ummm, they don’t know you. You’re a partier! 🙂
- All five senses are working. You are fascinated and practicing testing these out as much as possible!
- Toenails are completely formed.
- Hair on your head continues to grow in. This still fascinates me and surprises me. I thought for sure you would be bald like me!
- Brain scans have shown that babies have periods of dream sleep (REM) starting around the eight month. I wonder what you’re dreaming of my sweet souvenir.
And some google images of what you looked like at 32 weeks:
- Amniotic fluid is at its highest level during the pregnancy. There is about 1 litre of it, creating a warm, sterile bath for you to float around in. The amount of amniotic fluid is a sign of how well your kidneys are working. They should be producing around 500ml/day at this stage of the pregnancy.
- Your head size has increased 3/8ths of an inch due to rapid brain growth. Don’t go getting all big headed on me until you’re on the outside okay?? 😉
- Neurons and synapses are developing in huge numbers forming connections in your brain that will give you the skills you need to thrive as a newborn. This week, you may be able to coordinate sucking and swallowing with breathing.
- Most of your bones are hardening, your skull is quite pliable and not completely joined. The bones will be able to move slightly to make birthing easier. Oy, I’m so nervous.
- You take intermittent deep breaths…of water! This breathing exercises muscles and encourages your lung cells to produce more surfactant (a protein essential for healthy lung development).
- You are now 17.2 inches long and weigh 4.23 pounds.
And some google images of what you look like on the inside this week, my monkey: