Today’s post is a quickie my love, but let’s see how you’ve spent your 31st week, shall we?
- Your rate of physical growth slows down just a bit, but even though you don’t get much longer, you will gain a lot of weight the rest of the pregnancy.
- Fat continues accumulating. This layer of fat turns your skin from red to the rosy pink you will have as a newborn that mommy and daddy will snuggle!
- Calcium, phosphorus and iron are being stored and your bones are growing and hardening. I’m taking calcium supplements to help you out my little love.
- Your brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new neurons! Amazing! The connections, synapses, in your brain are forming by the millions and are helped by the stimulation you receive even while you’re in my body. My voice, household noise, filtered light, movement and music will all help these vital connections to form.
- Some studies with heart rates show that you may prefer some types of music to others, already! Aw, my little dancer…
- Lungs are the only major organ left to complete development. Wow!
- Your are now 16.2 inches long and weigh 3.3 pounds!
And here is a google image search of what you look like on this inside:
I love you SO much little girl and the days are literally passing us by! You’ll be here so soon. Mommy and Daddy are busy getting the house ready for you…it’s going to be perfect!!