At 30 weeks, my little princess, it’s still all about refining and growing so that you’re prepared to survive outside my body. Sniff, sniff, tear, tear…you’re not going to need me for much longer! 😉
Just look at what you are up to this week!
- Your head is getting larger to accommodate a period of rapid brain growth. But please don’t get too big…remember mommy is petite, okay? Thanks 🙂 You will be born with billions of neurons…so many in fact, that you’ll need to prune many of them back while you’re developing.
- A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds you (that doesn’t seem like much but apparently it’s just right). As you continue to grow and fill in the small space, known as my uterus, the amount of amniotic fluid will decrease.
- You spend more and more time practicing opening and closing your eyelids. Your eyes can move from side to side, following a light source. You may even reach out to touch the light.
- Early lanugo is beginning to disappear. Your lanugo served to protect your skin from the water you’re living in.
- Toenails are entering their final growth stage and nearing the tips of your toes. I love your feet already!
- Bone marrow is now in charge of red blood cell production! Look at your body systems maturing!
- You now have the capability to produce tears — yes, within the womb. But don’t cry sweet girl, I’ll be holding you very soon. 🙂
- More fat is forming under your skin and it is starting to look rounder and less frail than it has been. The loose folds of skin over your limbs and body are being filled out from the inside until by birth, your skin will be smooth and even a little plump.
- By the end of this week, you are now 15.7 inches long and weigh 2.91 pounds.
Here’s a google image search of what you look like on the inside this week!
And of course an MR image of your brain right now. I cannot believe we’ve grown this magnificent organ in just 30 weeks!!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE biology?!
Keep getting ready my little monkey because mommy is SO excited to meet you and hug you and snuggle you!