What have you been up to my little princess? This week you have really been refining and honing some very important skills so you can survive on the outside! I would just like to note, that your brain is doing some SERIOUS neuronal production right now. Some of the most incredible cells in the entire human body and you’re sprouting them like weeds. I love thinking about that. Have I mentioned how much I love your brain?! 🙂
- Your head is now in proportion with your body now. You look more like a newborn each and every day!
- Fat continues to accumulate under your skin. This will help keep you warm after you’re born.
- Your brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures now.
- Your eyes can move in their sockets and soon you will be able to follow a blinking light.
- You are increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Various studies show that you may indicate preferences (or disdain) for particular tastes or odors now. Already developing that personality!
- Movement is more forceful.
- Your movements will peak from weeks 26-30. There is still room for complete body movements and changes of position now, before quarters get too cramped inside me.
- Your airways are further maturing, with the little tree like structures – the bronchioles and alveoli increasing in number. It takes up to eight years for a child’s respiratory system to mature fully so these are still the very early days.
- Your chances of survival, if you were born early are increasing with every week which passes! I love that.
- You now weigh approximately 2.54 pounds and are around 15.2 inches long!
A simple google image search and this is what you look like on the inside this week!
Had to sneak in a brain pic, of course!
You’ve really been growing and getting stronger and this week was no exception. The kicking and punching is getting pretty hard to ignore…trust me on that haha! Great job baby monkey! I love you so so so much!
We had our first baby shower this past weekend and I still have to post about the belly button adventure…stay tuned!