Let’s see what you’ve been up to this week my lovely little princess!! At 25 weeks you’re continuing to get ready for your big reveal in November!
- Brain weight is now 100 grams (Eeeeeep!!)
- Brain gain!!! Your perfect cortex is developing into layers. Most of the action is still controlled by other brain areas that developed much earlier (brainstem, for example). The human cerebral cortex is the most elaborate brain structure in all the animal kingdom, giving us the ability to think, plan, and feel in complex ways. Mommy Em, cannot wait to teach you ALL about it. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- The structures of your spine begin to form — joints, ligaments and rings — All 33 rings, 150 joints and 1000 ligaments. These will protect the spinal cord which serves as the information highway for your body.
- Your bones are becoming solid and your hands are now fully developed.
- Your sexual organs are fully developed.
- Blood vessels of your lungs develop.
- Your nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences! Crazy!
- The nerves around your mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When you are rooting for food later on, these will be very valuable!
- Your swallowing reflexes are developing. As evidenced by the hiccuping!
- Dexterity is improving. You can make a fist and can clasp objects placed in your palm.
- Your are now an approximately 13.6 inches long and weigh 1.46 pounds!
- Babies born at 25 weeks of pregnancy have about a 50% chance of survival.
Here are some google images of what you look like on the inside this week!
You’ve been doing a lot of growing and maturing my love…especially that wonderful central nervous system of yours and every day that passes I get more excited to meet you. I honestly am SO happy we’ve made it this far. You are my miracle. 😀