And onwards to the celebration! :) <3
You are so much fun right now. Your little personality continues to shine through now and I’m thoroughly enjoying getting to know you and your likes, dislikes and making you laugh! I swear, you have the best little laugh ever!!!
We are new to Colorado and still in our teeny little condo for the time being so we had to improvise for a location for our little photo session, but I think we did okay little jewel!
Happy 6 months! And enjoy a little video I put together to celebrate you and the half year you’ve been with us. I love you so much and have waited my whole life for you!
Half a year!! 6 months my precious jewel! Happy half birthday to the happiest baby of all time and the sweetest little chunk! 😘 These past 6 months have flown by far too quickly and my mama heart is trying to soak you all in daily but the days fly by so quickly! I can’t believe that you are already a half year old. Weren’t you just that tiny 7 pound squish yesterday?? Wasn’t it just a minute ago you smiled at me for the first time? Wasn’t it just the other day that big sister came and met you at the hospital for the first time and fell madly in love with you, as we all did?
Oh my gorgeous second born, it is so hard for me to accurately convey the love I have in my heart for you. It’s all consuming. Literally. It takes every ounce of control in me not to gobble you up! Ha! I’m constantly kissing you all over your chubby cheeks, tummy and toes. I cannot help myself. You are DELICIOUS!!! 😘😘😘 I’ve never met another baby as good natured, happy and jolly and sweet as you! I feel truly blessed to be able to call you mine. ❤️💋
This is the first of two posts to celebrate your half birthday. 😁 After all, half birthdays are a big deal around these parts!!! We will be doing a 6 month photo shoot to commemorate and I will be putting together a little video of your first 6 months, but in all honesty, I truly cannot remember my life without you. You were meant to be! This family was not complete without you!!!
– Sitting up!!! Big girl! You can now officially sit up! Of course you haven’t mastered the skill, but you’re pretty darn good at it if I do say so myself! You can even catch yourself on your hands sometimes if you begin to tip over.
– Raspberries galore lol. It’s on of your favorite pastimes, in addition to high pitched squeals when you’re in a really good mood.
– Temperament. Have I mentioned what a joyously happy baby you are???! I’m still amazed, daily, at how easy going and sweet you are. You’re constantly smiling at me, your daddy and especially your big sister (one of your all time favorite people). I’ve also never heard you laugh harder than when your sister is trying to entertain you! 😂
– Stranger anxiety. You’ve now become aware of your surroundings and your people. You know when mommy is in the room…and when mommy is not in the room haha! You now cry when strangers try to hold you, but you will lovingly smile and coo at strangers from my arms 😉.
– Teething. Oh goodness the drool ha! So much teething happening right now. I know those teeth will be popping through any day now and it makes me sad to think I only have days left of your gummy smile.
– Manipulating objects. You’re an expert grabber and holder of objects. You reach for anything and everything within eyesight…even if it’s too far away ha! You grunt and get annoyed if you cNt reach something or if we move a dangerous object away from your reach.
– You still haven’t rolled over and you still hate to be on your tummy and cry whenever we try to force tummy time, so we don’t do a lot of it.
– Laughing. Full out belly laughs!!! This is my favorite. Your sister is pretty much the only person who can make you laugh so hard that it turns into a belly laugh. It turns my mama heart into a giant puddle on the floor! 😍
Weight: 16lbs 5oz
Height: 26.5 inches
Head: 17.5 inches
Happy 6 months my girl!!! Mommy is head over heels in love!!!
Happy 5 months to my happy little jewel! The happiest baby I have ever met continues to be extra social and smiley! The giggles and grins are just too much! Mama loves you so incredibly much!
You celebrated your 5 months birthday as a brand new Coloradan and to top it off you got a beautiful flurry of snow. 😁
Yes, my little love, we are now in a brand new state, facing all sorts of new adventures and opportunities and we are all so excited. With this brand new change comes lots of other change too. I will now be able to stay at home with you (for the next few months at least) to watch you grow and develop and teach you all sorts of amazing things. I am beside myself with joy! I get to be your mommy full time! I know this will come with challenges, of course, but nothing makes me happier than seeing your beautiful face everyday…all day 😍.
We just moved into a tiny little condo while we search for a more permanent place (I secretly love being in this tiny place. Out little family is all together and cozy!) and I have no scale here so I have no idea how much you weigh. So that will have to wait until next month. I found our tape measure though and was able to get your length and head circumference. You’re growing big!!
– you are so so close to rolling over! A few times your daddy and I thought you were going to do it. You get all the way to your side and partly on your tummy and then go back to your back. You’re not a huge fan of being on your tummy haha. And you can’t quite seem to figure out what to do with the arm that is underneath!
– you coo and talk all the time! Gab, gab, gab all day long. You have lots to say.
– the laughing!! Oh goodness the giggles and laughing melt my heart every single time.
– your sister continues to be one of your favorite people and she can ALWAYS make you laugh. I love it!
– you’re pretty expert at grabbing and manipulating objects now. We can dangle things in front of you or place them on the floor next to you and you can easily reach out and grab and get it to your mouth.
-you love to bang the objects you grab on different surfaces, even in yourself haha.
– teething!! Lots of drool and sucking on things to help soothe your mouth. I’m not ready For you to have teeth yet! I love your gummy smile!!
– you are practicing sitting up already and will flex your tummy muscles so you can curl up to a seated position. You can even sit unassisted like that for a short bit! Strong girl!
– you also love to sit up and lean forward and grab your toes and feet haha. It’s adorable!
I love you so much my precious little jewel!!!
Happy 4 months to the happiest baby I have ever met! You continue to be such a joy and all around easy going baby. You amaze me with your social interest and the way you can light up a room with just one gigantic smile. You truly are a precious jewel and all those that come into contact with you can’t help but smile and feel better about the world because of you!
– Laughing and giggling!
– Cooing and “talking” so much
– You are now trying to blow raspberries and I swear it’s the cutest thing ever
– Attempting to roll over; you can get onto your side pretty well from your back. I think it’s just a matter of time until you figure out how to get to your tummy.
– You still hate tummy time, but I make you do it so your back and neck muscles can continue to get strong.
– You continue to be fascinated with your hands and will stare at them and manipulate your fingers to your own delight!
– Oh goodness, you’re a thumb sucker! That’s right, you’ve found your thumb and you’re not shy about using it. Did you know I was a thumb sucker too? :)
– Your little personality continues to blossom and I just cannot get over what a happy and pleasant and easy going baby you continue to be. You LOVE to smile and laugh and will smile at anyone who shows you attention. Quite the little social butterfly!
– Still an excellent sleeper who sleeps through the night. Your natural bedtime is around 7:30pm and you will sleep in until 8am if I let you! LOVE!
– You are so in love with your sister and are becoming more and more entertained by her. She makes you smile and laugh all the time now and I always catch the two of you holding hands. Talk about precious!!
Weight: 14lbs 10.5oz
Height: 25.5 inches
Head: 16.75 inches
Look who’s finally showing some interest her hands!! And yes my little jewel, you are in Christmas jammies already and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. 😁🎄🎅
In a weird way when I found out I was having another girl, I thought, okay I know what I’m in for. I already have a daughter so I know what she will look like, how she will behave and the things she will like…
When the Jewel was born it was my first lesson in understanding that though you may be sisters, you are each your own person. You each have your own needs, likes, looks and personality. I think this will be a lesson that I will need to remind myself constantly. Yet, I’m so excited to see how you both grow together and how you complement each other. You will each bring your unique talents and perspectives to this world and I’m confident it going to be a fun and wild ride! I’m so excited and love you BOTH so much!
My firstborn. My precious sparkly girl. I want to always remember these last three months that I’ve witnessed you not only become a big sister, but wholeheartedly embrace it. It has come so naturally to you, it’s as if you were meant for this role, always.
In the months leading up to your sister’s arrival I was so nervous and anxious of how you would react and adjust. How silly of me. I should have known better. I should have trusted in your heart. You truly have the biggest heart of anyone I know. You love fully and selflessly. How would it be any different with your little sister, whom you affectionately call “little babe” or “little fella” haha.
I also want to always remember the nights we’ve shared as you’ve embraced this new tiny human in our family. You share your mommy with her and gave up your spot next to me in bed for her. You’ve done all of this without the slightest fuss.
At nights, when I need to soothe “your baby” to sleep, you get out of bed to walk and pace the halls with me to quiet her down so we don’t have to be alone. You will walk and pace for however long it takes. When you awake in the morning you joyously look over to see if “your baby” is awake yet. You snuggle in close with her and give her your hand to hold. You kiss her face and tell her you love her. When she wakes up both of your faces light up with the purest happiness I’ve ever seen.
My mama heart is so full. I’m so blessed to have you both.
My dearest firstborn, thank you for showing me what true love is all about. You’ve taught me to be patient and kind and above all else to love big like you. You are my best, like I tell you everyday. Best big sister, best firstborn, my best.
My hope for you is that you continue to sparkle and shine in all that you do and that your light will be an inspiration for your little sister and for our family. You truly are our treasured gem. ❤️